Updated on 8 June 2019
Moov Technology (S) Pte Ltd. (Moov Technology (S) Pte Ltd and its affiliates are referred to herein collectively as “MOOV” or “we”) collects information about you when you use our mobile applications and associated online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
1. Collection of Information
i. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, services requested, and other information you choose to provide.
ii. Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use bicycle-rental services, we collect precise location data about the trip from the MOOV app. If you permit the MOOV app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: To facilitate your use of and participation in our Services that you request, we may communicate with you via call or SMS message through which we will collect the call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, your phone number, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
iii. Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the MOOV app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the MOOV app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
iv. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your MOOV account with a payment provider (e.g., Apple Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
2. Use of Information
We may use and process the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- With your express consent, send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of MOOV and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Policy to, and process and store it in the country you reside or other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside, while we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
3. Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
i. Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With other users, as requested or directed by you, your profile and trip information when want to share with to engage in social activities or to obtain a promotion code;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
ii. Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With MOOV subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms and Conditions for Users, policies or statements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MOOV or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
5. Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
6. Your Choices
i. Account Information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
ii. Access Rights
MOOV will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
iii. Location Information
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
iv. Contact Information
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. Please note that the Android platform does not provide such a setting.
v. Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages that you have requested from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
7. Changes to the Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to this Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
8. Contact Us